- I find the Marta nomination more controversial than the lack of Americans. RT @bazinga599: Wambach the only american nominated? So?Time: 2 hours ago
- @AsydAFries Oh yeah, I'm thrilled with their progress. But also realistic. This FSU team may blow out Auburn.Time: 2 hours ago
- @AsydAFries Duke has a handful of people who can make plays, and they have an experienced O-line. That'll beat UNC, but not FSU.Time: 2 hours ago
- @AsydAFries And yet the punter was doing better than Duke's, who was their top recruit a couple of years ago and an all-ACC guy.Time: 2 hours ago
- @AsydAFries They're not just Winston, of course. Overwhelming at every position. I think the 0-0 score after 1st says a lot about CutcliffeTime: 2 hours ago
Category Archives: funny
So many links, not enough time … 1. With all due respect to fellow sports wordsmith Stefan Fatsis, I agree with this Slate writer: Boggle is better than Scrabble. 2. Lex points out the counterproductivity of current food stamp ideology. … Continue reading
Crude but effective. (Translated: This has a lot of Not Safe for Work language and hand gestures, but it absolutely captures the demographic and technological trends that govern MTV’s current programming. And it’s really funny.)
It’ll be difficult to sum up the case of FunnyJunk v The Oatmeal any better than The Oatmeal does. It’s your standard “cartoonist complains about work being stolen, accused content thief gets all huffy, cartoonist laughs a little and lets … Continue reading
Really funny story from Dar Williams as she introduces one of her classics:
So say the comments on this piece about the growth of cricket in the D.C. area. Cricket in the United States: popularity grows – The Washington Post.
Man tweets obnoxious comments toward Sandra Fluke. She responds, he responds. Blog screen-caps Twitter exchange. Man thinks he can either sue blogger or intimidate blogger into removing comments — that he made on Twitter under his own name. Me bash … Continue reading
Again, Cracked speaks the truth that journalists are afraid to mention. Many (if not most) people don’t follow politics in order to find out who to vote for as part of their duty as citizens living in a democracy. They … Continue reading
OK, you’ve replaced the keyboardist for the 30th time or whatever. But Jon Anderson’s out? That’s it. (The funny thing — Anderson’s replacement, Benoit David, did a pretty good album with Yes. And now HE’S out!)
Nice job of turning the tables on commenters. The 8 Stupidest Defenses Against Accusations of Sexism | Cracked.com.
Attention, younger bands. Let 80s band X show you how it’s done (especially at 0:55) …