- The Monday Myriad has been replaced by the Woly Award, and the first winner is @allIseeisgold bit.ly/14qGApx - @USAWrestlingTime: 6 hours ago
- Is it wise for Chivas USA to open a press release with "Chivas USA sale," even if it's the Spanish version?Time: 6 hours ago
- Hey, how did no one tell me @aimeemann was on Saturday Night Live this weekend? You're supposed to tell me these things, @lorettahuntmma!Time: 6 hours ago
- What's Kanye West's appeal?Time: 7 hours ago
- NWSL Player of the Week vote: 1. Brittany Cameron (SkyB), 2. Christine Sinclair (POR), 3. Diana Matheson (WAS)Time: 12 hours ago
Category Archives: sports
Web hipsters have long had a field day scoffing at Old Media Companies’ supposed ignorance. It’s a little silly at time. “OMG, they didn’t recognize a picture of the guy who started Craigslist!” No, they didn’t, but that doesn’t meant … Continue reading
It’s a stupid question on many counts. Some “bloggers” in this post are actually professional advocates. Others are semi-pros who aren’t about to quit their day jobs but are getting money to drive traffic. But however you define them, these … Continue reading
In honor of Christina Aguilera making the national anthem her own yesterday, here’s a legendary clip from The Simpsons, featuring Springfield’s resident blues sensation, Bleeding Gums Murphy: http://www.hulu.com/embed/kcMYhcOahdBO5sYL34ziXw
After some year-end number-crunching, here’s what people read — and what they overlooked: Top stories: 1. U.S. women rout New Zealand to reach quarterfinals. Not surprising in the sense that it’s Olympic women’s soccer, which accounts for most of these. … Continue reading
Today, at Starbucks, around 1:30 p.m., I finished Chapter 11 of my MLS history book (rough draft). At 62,200 words, I have now written a viable nonfiction work. All that remains of the rough draft is a conclusion, which I … Continue reading
Are my tastes completely out of line with everyone else’s? Consider the following: Music: No, I don’t know much of the current Top 40. But in today’s fragmented media landscape, that’s not so unusual. The days of a band like … Continue reading
Rough count of the past year: 45 stories, 39 of them about MLS. Quite an increase from 25 over the two preceding years (not counting Olympic Athlete of the Week, which was a quick roundup that has since been folded … Continue reading
If they’ve done their homework on who’s likely to be in this group, anyway. Oh, it’s not the U.S. government, by the way. It’s China’s.
This might be the only way the Dillon Panthers have NOT won a game on the last play. It’s a Texas school, at least. See the video.