You all failed. Except Lex, who got four out of five.
- She lives in the place in the side of our lives where nothing is ever put straight – Pretty in Pink, Psychedelic Furs
- We are the goon squad and we’re coming to town, beep beep – Fashion, David Bowie
- You’re honorable, more honorable than me – Exhuming McCarthy, R.E.M.
- I ditched my lecture to watch the girls play soccer – Going Away to College, Blink 182
- How can this power be bought and sold? – Powerline, Husker Du
#1 is probably tough without hearing it. #2 should’ve been easy, and #4 wasn’t much harder. #3 requires you to be an early-R.E.M. collector, and #5 was admittedly next to impossible.
Let’s try some more:
- Steal a little and they throw you in jail / steal a lot and they make you a king. (Yes, that one’s hard, but partial credit if you think about who might’ve written it and come up with the writer without knowing the song)
- I try to discover a little something to make me sweeter (Easy!)
- This was a Pizza Hut / Now it’s all covered with daisies (Easier!)
- They’ve got to catch me if they want me to hang (Try screaming it)
- I wonder if we’ll meet again, talk about life since then, talk about why did it end (Moderately hard)