I’m expecting a few new people to check out the blog this weekend. See Jason’s blog to see why.
So with that in mind, here’s a brief intro to this blog:
– It started as Mostly Modern Music, which explains the URL. After a while, I realized I had a few things to say about TV and my poorly chosen field of journalism, so I changed the name to something more expansive. I’m still working on a journalism version of Martin Luther’s theses, but I’m not sure where to nail them.
– Like Jason, I have a few projects that take me away from this blog from time to time. One is still in diapers. I’m still working on a guide to Rush I started in July. Don’t even ask about my channel-by-channel guide to XM. Basically, I write when I have time, with apologies to all 10 of my regular readers.
– I don’t use this blog for networking purposes, but if you’re interested in publishing a book on soccer, please let me know.
– I play piano, guitar, bass, clarinet and percussion — yes, including tympani, vibraphone and wood blocks. At least, I did 20 years ago.
– My biggest brush with celebrity is either standing three feet away from David Beckham in the Galaxy locker room or being teased by Belly’s bass player on Prodigy’s message boards. Take your pick.
– I don’t do politics, and I’m quite proud of that. As John Ruskin once said: “Great nations write their autobiographies in three manuscripts, the book of their deeds, the book of their words and the book of their art. Not one of these books can be understood unless we read the two others, but of the three the only trustworthy one is the last.”
So thanks for stopping by. Do stop by again, or subscribe if you’re so inclined.