I keep bookmarks on all sorts of things, from clips of my writing to a catalog of what’s going wrong in this country. On this site, I’ve put a couple of categories from those bookmarks in one handy place — see the bullshit and climate change pages.
I’m thinking it might be time for an immigration page, giving days like today in which I’ve seen the following:
- No, you idiot, the USA is not “full.” In fact, we’ll need immigrants if we want to maintain any sort of growth or even stasis. (NYT)
- These people really are coming here to flee poverty and violence, not to cause mayhem here. (The Conversation)
- These people really are coming here to flee poverty and violence, not to cause mayhem here. (NYT)
- The International Rescue Committee, which generally sends people to help in the worst places in the world, is now deploying to Phoenix. (The Guardian)
- And once again, The Onion says it best.