- green fields of france - YouTubeBest anti-war song ever? Tags: sunday war
- I'm From Canada. Here's What It's Like to Live with Universal Health Care :: Politics :: Features :: Health Care :: Paste"It’s important to remember that Obama’s ACA was itself an effort to put forward a sensible, bipartisan compromise that could unify both left and right, and he was rewarded for his efforts by being called a Kenyan socialist who wanted to murder people’s grandparents." Tags: health care politics sunday […]
- I Don't Know How To Explain To You That You Should Care About Other People | HuffPostTags: sunday gop empathy
- Donald Trump in Iowa proposes immigration law that already existsTags: bullshit trump sunday
- President Trump’s Lies, the Definitive List - The New York TimesGood work, but I'd like to see links to sources just to make it clear. Tags: bullshit trump journalism sunday
- Authoritarianism is making a comeback. Here's the time-tested way to defeat it | Maria J Stephan and Timothy Snyder | Opinion | The Guardian"Civil resistance is strategic. Movements articulate clear, achievable goals (achieving independent trade unions in the case of Solidarity; de-segregating public places during US civil rights movement) and know when and how to declare small victories. They must endure inevitable set-backs – like arrests, large counter-mobilizations by regime supporters, […]
- Stop spreading 'alternate facts'. (By Maki Naro) - 9GAGTags: facts sunday vaccines
- Arcade Fire to Lay Off 400 Nonessential Members by 2018Tags: humor sunday
- Cosby’s sex assault trial has ended with a mistrial. These people believe it’s all a conspiracy. - The Washington PostTags: facts conspiracies bill cosby bullshit sunday
- In the ‘Paris of the Appalachians,’ they’re not buying Trump’s climate talk - The Washington PostPissed-off Pittsburgh Tags: trump bullshit red states sunday
- green fields of france - YouTube
My media feedMy Tweets
Joe on Top 10 overrated and underrate… Spencer Welch II on Patton Oswalt on wokeness Tube Martin on Revisiting the messiest Yes al… Lent’s over. S… on Andrew Sullivan rips left-wing… Lex on Old-guard GOP offers to fix pr… Fred Gregory on Local news outlets vs. propaga…
Category Archives: job
No Twitter. No political-ish discussions, more or less. That was what I intended to do during Lent, which I observe as much for the secular self-improvement aspects as the religious meaning. By the letter of the law, I cheated. On … Continue reading
Sometimes crude, always truthful. The Oatmeal captures it perfectly. Some thoughts and musings about making things for the web – The Oatmeal.
So you’re scraping by on the money the NYT has been paying you — enough to live reasonably well, not enough to save a whole heck of a lot. Then your paper gets sold. You hold your breath and find … Continue reading
After some year-end number-crunching, here’s what people read — and what they overlooked: Top stories: 1. U.S. women rout New Zealand to reach quarterfinals. Not surprising in the sense that it’s Olympic women’s soccer, which accounts for most of these. … Continue reading
Check out the story I wrote on my first day back and the blog I cranked up on my second.
Rough count of the past year: 45 stories, 39 of them about MLS. Quite an increase from 25 over the two preceding years (not counting Olympic Athlete of the Week, which was a quick roundup that has since been folded … Continue reading
If they’ve done their homework on who’s likely to be in this group, anyway. Oh, it’s not the U.S. government, by the way. It’s China’s.